Open Access in Caribbean Libraries, Archives and Museums: Opportunities, Challenges and Future Directions
CALL FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
AT THE CARIBBEAN BOULEVARD
What is a Poster Presentation?
The aim of the poster presentation is to provide opportunities for information professionals to highlight and share successful ideas and experiences by presenting a special project, a problem-solving strategy, a research study, an innovative program or service in a library and /or information services aligned to the conference theme.
A poster presentation is a good way to showcase your projects, or get feedback on an idea that has been implemented. The information will be on a poster board that allows viewers to walk by and observe a particular work being presented. All posters will be mounted at the ACURIL Caribbean Boulevard in Dominican Republic 2018.
How to Submit a Poster Proposal Abstract
Poster presentations can be in any of the three official languages of ACURIL – English, Spanish or French.
· Proposals may be submitted by e-mail. Proposals must include:
· Poster presentation title (in relation to the conference theme)
· Abstract (250 words)
· Name of presenter(s)
· Position/title of presenter(s)
· Employer/institutional affiliation(s)
· Mailing addresses
· Telephone/fax numbers
Poster presentations abstracts will be published in the final program.
· Posters will be mounted from June 3-7, 2018.
· Poster presentations must address any of the sub-themes of the conference.
· The poster display should include a statement of the theme or problem, objectives of the research, project or idea being presented, the methodology used to solve the problem or implement the program, the major findings or outcomes and their significance, conclusions, and at least 3 references (APA style, 6thedition).
· An effective poster presentation must visually demonstrate the key elements or significant points of a theme, product or service related to the conference.
· The dimensions of posters should be in vertical format: 2.6 feet wide x 3.3 feet high ; that is 31 x 40 inches.
· Impressions may be in paper, from a Power-Point presentation or common poster characteristics.
· Screen prints, charts, drawings, photographs, and other graphics along with text, to illustrate the presentation, are encouraged.
· Lettering should be simple, bold, and easily legible from a distance of four feet.
· Posters may be accompanied with hand-outs.
· All materials to be displayed should be prepared before arrival. Supplies will not be available at the conference site.
· Presenters will be required to bring finished posters to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
· No electrical support or Internet connections are available in the poster area
Should you have any questions about your submission, kindly contact us.
Submission EXTENDED to February 28, 2018.
Dr. Luisa Vigo-Cepeda
Chair, ACURIL’s Caribbean Boulevard Poster Project
With copy to:
Ms. Kumaree Ramtahal, MLIS
ACURIL President 2017-2018 and
Chair, Conference Programme Committee
Ms. Lorraine Nero, MLIS
Co-ordinator, Conference Programme